Friday, February 3, 2012

THIRD CHEMOTHERAPY CYCLE

We arrived home from Houston on  Monday afternoon – very happy to be here.  There is really no place like home.

We had an appointment on Wednesday morning with Dr. Homsi and learned that we were all set up that day for my chemotherapy treatment, so we spent most of the day in the infusion center.  Dr. Homsi was also very pleased with the results of the chemotherapy on the spots on my lungs and also the reduction of the tumor in my leg.  He feels like the physical pressure of the leg tumor inhibiting blood flow is what caused the blood clots.  There is a clot in my lungs, but they are very hopeful that over time the Lovenox shots will dissolve the clots.

Dr. Homsi had me come back into the cancer center yesterday and today for IV treatments for anti-nausea and for fluids to prevent dehydration.  It is about a four hour process, so we are getting a lot of reading done.  The pharmacy mixes the fluids, and they do not even start that process until you are in the infusion center.  So far it is working, and I have not been nauseous for which I am so grateful.  I am pretty weak.  Made a batch of whole wheat bread this morning which took most of my energy. 

I received a sweet note today from Elena Cottom who was one of my achievement day girls years ago and who is now serving in the Domican Republic.  She shared D&C 90:24 – “All things will work together for our good.”  We are counting on that for us and for each of you. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Irene and Daryl, What great news. I am also so glad you haven't been as nauseated this time. The two of you are true examples of the believers. I am slowly coming to understand the great blessing that trials are to us. My attitude has so much to do with my faith and love for my Savior and what we are asked to go through. All of my love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl and Irene... It was so good to see you both on Saturday! Irene you look as amazing as you ever have! You have always been the most put together person I have known! Your home is beautiful and I loved being able to visit with you. I sure love you guys and your beautiful girls! Wow they are just like you and that is the best compliment I could ever give. My prayers will continue to include you! Love, Jill

    ReplyDelete