Saturday, March 30, 2013

CANCER UPDATE

As you might remember from one month ago, Dr. Homsi discontinued my chemotherapy treatments, since they were not controlling the cancer.  We met with Dr. Callister, a radiation oncologist at MD Anderson, and after reviewing my records from Mayo Clinic, he did not feel that more radiation would be wise, since I have had quite a bit.  He said that whenever they have gone that route, they have usually been disappointed with the results. 

 
That left the oral medication called Votrient as the option that Dr. Homsi felt was the best, and which we agreed to.  It is called a targeted medicine which attacks the blood vessels that are necessary for cancer tumors to survive.  I take four pills a day all at the same time and have taken them for one month.  I feel blessed that I haven’t had any side effects from this drug.

 
As to how it is working, we do not know.  I had an appointment with Dr. Homsi on Wednesday, of this week, March 27, and he wants me to continue for another month then have an MRI and CT scan.  To be truthful, I have been discouraged, because I feel the tumors are increasing in size and I have had more pain.  However, Dr. Homsi was very positive and encouraging, so I feel much better.  He said that additional chemotherapy with different drugs could be an option and that new treatments are continually being discovered.  He also tweaked my pain medication a little. 

In addition to that, I have been reading Elder Holland’s new book “For Times of Trouble” which has been a great help.  I just need to trust in the Lord and be grateful for the things that I can do and for all the love and support that blesses our lives.   As always, Daryl is here to do anything and everything that I need with a total positive and willing attitude.  What more could I ask for?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com OR info@drituaherbalcenter.com. We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma.,Brain Tumor, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Stroke,Hpv,Weak Erection,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete