Monday, November 19, 2012

CHEMOTHERAPY -- NOVEMBER 6, 2012

Too bad to associate my last chemotherapy with Election Day.  I hope the chemo has better results.  The thing about cancer is that you are never really sure what is going on or if the treatment is doing what it is supposed to, but we are always hopeful.  This turned out to be a long day with much of it spent in waiting time.  We arrived at Banner MD Anderson at 10:30 in the morning for blood work after which we met the Dr. then had chemo.  We left at 6:30 p.m.  The thing that saved the day is the Dana and Gayla came so they could meet Dr. Homsi, as we talk about him all of the time.  I hadn’t had any new tests, so it was almost like a social visit with a few questions.  He was pretty funny, and the girls now know who he is.  I will have another MRI and CT scan on December 3 which should tell us if resuming the chemotherapy is helping. 

The day after chemo, I always go in for another IV treatment for anti-nausea drugs and hydration.  I was only there about four hours, so we came home and were able to go to the temple, as it was our stake temple day.  The day after that, I had several things to go and do from morning to night.  I got along just fine, but Friday, I “hit the wall” so to speak.  I did as little as I could that day and just recouped.  I have been fine ever since. 

When I look back at a year ago now, how I was feeling and what I was facing, I could not be more grateful.  I continue to “live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you,” or upon me!  Alma 34:38

Also appropriate as we approach Thanksgiving this week:  “O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.”  1 Chronicles 16:34 
 
The Lord surely is good to us, and so much of his goodness is manifest by each of you.  Thank you once again for your love, your continued interest and encouragement.  May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 
More to come soon.  Halloween and "It's all about hair."

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment