Monday, November 19, 2012

IT'S ALL ABOUT HAIR -- HALLOWEEN 2012

If you are a female, a good part of your life is spent worrying about your hair – cuts, color, style, perms, etc.  It is a constant go-around.  Then if you add cancer to the mix, you lose your hair and have to deal with wigs or being seen bald – not a good option.

Anyway, after that process, and a change of chemotherapy drugs about six months into this, my hair began to slowly grow back.  What a surprise to see what I would look like with white hair.  Our grandson, Ryan, saw me one day and ran to tell grandpa that grandma looks like a boy.

Come Halloween, I had the idea to spray my hair purple.  I called Tara, Kevin’s wife, to run it by her.  Nicole (7) answered and just giggled when I asked if they had some purple hair spray that I could use.  That clinched it – I would go with purple.  Tara actually did the spraying for me, as it takes some experience. 

Each Halloween, after the grandchildren are finished trick-or-treating, we meet up at Byron and Michelle’s where the kids dump out their candy and do a little trading plus admire each other’s costumes.  Well, the reaction was pretty fun and funny.  The grandchildren really liked it, but my children were the most shocked and surprised to see their mother with purple hair.  Mind, you, I did not go anywhere else.  This was strictly for family, and it turned out really fun.  Why did I choose purple?  Of course, it is Daryl’s favorite color.
 
You will see the pictures below.  Since this has become somewhat of a grandma blog, I have posted a bunch of the grandchildren pictures which will not be of interest to many of you, except, if you are a grandma, you will understand.
Irene & Tara
Gayla, Tara, Irene, Dana
 
 
Kurt Peterson

Tyler Garn & Paul Peterson (Customized costumes
by Dr. Chuck & Gayla)

Emily Garry, Paul & Scott Peterson, Andrew Garry

Dax Garn

Southern Belle, Addie Garn

Nicole & Ashley Garn, Lucy Garn

Ashley & Nicole Garn, Lucy Garn

Sam & Suzy Garn

Ryan & Tyler Garn

Tara & Allison Garn

Chuck & Gayla Peterson Family


Halloween 2012!  It doesn't get much better than this. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment