Friday, January 20, 2012

BLOG UPDATE

It is time to give an update, so everyone doesn’t think that I am dying.  Things are looking up, but it has been slow this time around.  Yesterday (Thursday) was the first time since Saturday that I had been out of my robe or nightgown.  I actually had a pretty nice birthday, as the nausea is mostly past.  Several friends called, then we went to Dana’s for a delicious birthday dinner.  It was good to eat real food and to be dressed and out of the house.  Gayla provided the birthday cake, and the rest of the family stopped in at Dana’s with cards, gifts and fun coloring pages from the grandchildren. 

I am still very weak, and I have had thrush, another side effect of chemo, but I am hoping a new prescription I got today knocks that one.  Daryl just mentioned that I should note that I have gone from Cream of Wheat and Lipton Noodle Soup to Top Ramen & yogurt.  It is something that tastes quite good to me. 

We go to Houston on Wednesday, January 25.  I have tests on Thursday, (MRI, CT Scan, etc.), then we will meet with Dr. Raavi on Friday to learn of the results.  We have seen some rather dramatic changes in my leg as far as the pain and swelling which seems to be evidence that the chemo is doing some good.  We are anxious to know what the next step will be. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Aunt Irene! I thought of you all day yesterday and hoped you were able to have a respite from the nausea. We think of you daily and have you in our prayers.
    Love, Merilee and Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad because I keep thinking about sending you a card and don't get it done, so I am just going to write a comment on your blog. We were away for 5 weeks at Christmas and I still haven't caught up. I am so glad to hear that you didn't have to have your leg amputated. You are a wonderful example of thinking positively. Happy Birthday! Happy Chinese New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Irene and Daryl, Thank you so much for keeping us informed. You don't know how much this means to me. I am amazed at your strength and the level of your faith. But that's what the Gospel is all about. I am so glad you have each other and the family round about you. My prayers will continue as you travel to Houston. The Lord is so kind and merciful. May you continue to draw on His redeeming love. I love you both, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Aunt Irene and Uncle Daryl. We appreciate your blog so much - thank you for your generosity in sharing it with all of those who love you. It's wonderful for us to be able to keep up with you without interrupting your getting-well-filled days. We pray for you and have great hope for you. Thursday I'm going to the Logan temple with our Relief Society and will add your name there. Love, niece Debbie

    ReplyDelete