Monday, January 2, 2012

IT HAPPENED

I was combing my hair today, and there in my hand were a bunch of loose strands.  I ran my hand through my hair again and more.  It wasn’t a clump like I had heard might happen but kind of like pulling hair from your brush.  Perhaps the clumps will come later.  Anyway, after a few times doing that, I thought it best to quit.  I will be going wig shopping on Wednesday with Dana and Gayla.  I have been soooo grateful not to have lost my leg that losing my hair does not seem so significant.  I am sure it will be more dramatic when it really happens.

The good news is that I am feeling a lot better.  I haven’t been nauseated for a few days and feel like eating.  I am not having near as much pain in my leg, have cut down on pain pills and am sleeping better.  I even had the energy to help pack up the Christmas decorations.  It felt so good to work after being very weak. 

Beginning last May, Daryl wrapped my leg at night (much like a cast), and I wore a compression stocking during the day which controlled the swelling, however, this past month this process has not worked very well.  The swelling is what causes much of the pain.  The last few days we have kept it wrapped pretty much around the clock, and we are now seeing a little progress.  We will keep working at it.

My next chemo treatment will be one week from tomorrow, so I will enjoy this week.  Daryl continues to be the best caretaker anyone could hope for.  We are just enjoying staying at home, watching bowl games and visiting with family. 

LIFE IS GOOD!

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful news! I am so glad that you are feeling alittle better and you feel good enough to get some things done. You are a trooper and we are all cheering you on. Life is good, Irene. Especially because of the many remarkable women like you! You are in our prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your web site is so GOOD! Now, if I can only keep my computer from crashing!! What WONDERFUL NEWS from you! You are in our prayers always and on the Guatemala Temple prayer role always. Elder Nelson will be here Jan. 17, 2012. We hope his tour includes a trip to the CCM for the missionaries. One CCM President will end his mission on Jan 15th and the new one comes on that same day. We will be busy helping to get him off and then finishing up our time here. Oh, how FAST the time goes by. Love from Denton and K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our prayers are with you. And there are lots of cute wigs out there! You can have a different hair color for each day of the week. Much love Suzie Raymond

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are very glad you are feeling better. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you. We love you, Jeff and Katie Barton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good news. You are a true testimony of gratitude and love for the Savior. Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete