Friday, January 6, 2012

NO MORE BAD HAIR DAYS

After losing a little more hair each day this week, Gayla came over this morning and cut what was left to about half an inch then gave me a buzz..  It isn’t advisable to shave right on the scalp, but basically, I am bald – not bald and beautiful, but okay.  I can honestly say that it was not in the least emotional or traumatic, because compared to what I was facing, this is a blessing to me.  I am still grateful beyond words to have my leg and to be making progress.

We went wig shopping yesterday and made a purchase.  I think it will be fine.  At least that is a wonderful option for women. My good friends Marene and Marae made a house call today to style my wig.  I also have some cute scarves thanks to Talma Whiting, a friend who has already been through this.

My next chemotherapy treatment will be Tuesday, January 10, then on January 25 we will fly to Houston for tests and evaluations.  In the meantime, I am not doing a lot – reading, watching TV, talking on the phone, etc.  I know that sounds like heaven, so I am taking advantage of this time.

I was going through cards today and was once again overwhelmed at the kindness I have been shown.  Again, I feel that the miracle I have received is the answer to all the prayers that have been offered in my behalf.

5 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great!! You look beautiful...but you always were!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, as always! I'm happy you are feeling a little better. You amaze me and I am always uplifted by your attitude and expressions of gratitude. Love and prayers are sent your way from our family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Sister Garn. You inspire me to be better. Know that you are in our prayers each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful as always! Thank you for always finding the positive and reminding us of the blessings.

    Mary Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have looked so stylish--no different now. :) Love you, Charlene

    ReplyDelete